The Chartered Director (C.Dir.)
The Directors College Chartered Director (C.Dir.) Program delivers an accredited corporate director development program that leads to a university designation from the Degroote School of Business at McMaster University. It is a 5 Module residential program that is designed to create an environment for innovative and independent thinking. In each module, participants learn concepts and best practices from a practitioner; discover what leading boards are doing today from experienced chairs and CEOs (in residence at The Directors College); and apply this knowledge immediately in case studies, behavioral sessions and simulations.
Participants will appreciate the flexibility of choosing the modules they wish to participate in, around their own schedules. This allows completion of the program at a customized pace and provides a broader network for relationship-building opportunities. The program is residential and off-site to encourage more comprehensive and diverse learning.
Registration fee: $4,120 per module (total of $20,600 [HST exempt]). The module fee includes all sessions over the 2¼-day period, all program materials, all meals and accommodation during the session, and the proctored exam. For more information on the program click here.
- Audit Committee Certified (A.C.C.) Program Taught by seasoned audit committee chairs, academics and advisers, this program helps you perform effectively on board audit committees. As a program participant, you not only learn the audit and financial aspects of the audit committee’s responsibilities, you also gain a deep understanding of the management components and relationship tactics involved in committee effectiveness.
- Human Resources and Compensation Committee Certified (H.R.C.C.C.) Program This program is an exclusive education opportunity for senior HR professionals and board directors. It teaches board directors and senior corporate officers about the role of the board HR and compensation committee in aligning an organization’s HR processes, risk and culture, to its chosen business strategy.
Important Note: the H.R.C.C.C. Program is postponed for 2015/16 as we complete a formal review and restructuring of the program to be re-launched with the first course in early 2017. We do plan to have registration open by late 2015 with the new confirmed dates and program details.
Did you know – we do custom work. Submit your inquiry to Paul Forgues, Managing Director of The Directors College, for your boards custom Governance Programming.
View the Complete Program Calendar here.
Upcoming Exam Dates
- June 15-26, 2015
- October 19-30, 2015
- January 18-29 2016
- June 13-24 2016
- October 10-21 2016
We’d love to hear your feedback on programs you’d like offered by The Directors College. Contact Us!
- Module 3: Oversight and Finance in Vancouver, BC (September 12-14, 2019)
- Module 1: Accountability and Change in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (September 19-21, 2019)
- Module 2: Leadership and Strategy in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (October 3-5, 2019)
- Module 4: Effective Governance Under Complex Circumstances in Vancouver, BC (October 24-26, 2019)
- Module 3: Oversight and Finance in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (November 14-16, 2019)