Audit Committee Certified (A.C.C.) Program
About the Program
The Audit Committee Certified (A.C.C) is Canada’s only university accredited program, making it truly one of a kind. Taught by seasoned audit committee chairs, academics and advisers, the A.C.C. program helps you perform effectively on board audit committees. As a program participant, you not only learn the audit and financial aspects of the audit committee’s responsibilities, you also gain a deep understanding of the management components and relationship tactics involved in committee effectiveness.
What Sets Us Apart
- Canada’s first university-accredited certificate program, the A.C.C. program meets the highest academic standards, passing rigorous screening by the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University.
- The curriculum was developed in collaboration with the Certified Management Accountants (CMA) of Ontario to ensure what you are learning is comprehensive and relevant.
- Combined flexible e-learning and residential education. The on-site module provides plenty of opportunity to network with peers and faculty.
- Our experiential curriculum goes beyond the technical aspects of audit committee work to look at the behavioural, managerial and relational skills needed to excel on this important board committee.
- A critical component of our program is the Audit Committee simulation, in which real-world audit committee scenarios are played out in the classroom giving you the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge you acquired through the program – and gain a deeper, immersive learning experience as a result.
- Diverse faculty of seasoned professionals including audit committee chairs, CFOs, academics, advisers and behavioural consultants. Sessions are delivered through an engaging combination of lectures, interactive working sessions, and case studies.
Please note that A.C.C. modules do need to be taken in sequence.
Registration Fee: The $6,250 registration fee for the program (HST exempt) includes e-learning module, the two-day residential module, , two nights’ accommodation, meals, all program materials, the Principle-Based Governance webinar (if required) and the proctored exam.
Special Note: Chartered Directors (C.Dir.) receive a 10 per cent discount on the registration fee (which cannot be combined with any other offers). C.Dir. are also eligible for 16 CPD hours in completing the Audit Committee Certified Program. All Directors College Programs qualify participants for a tax tuition receipt.
Upcoming A.C.C. Dates
Audit Committee Simulation—May 13–14, 2016 in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (on-site module)
About the A.C.C. Modules
E-Learning Module: Compensation Design, Strategy, and Risk
- Audit committee charters and processes
- Specific roles of the audit committee chair and members
- External and internal audit processes
- How the audit committee can enhance audit quality
On Site Module: Committee Mandate, Processes, and Performance
- Risk management processes and the nature of risk
- Character as the foundation of success – emphasizing the behavioural and relational aspects of board committee work
- Audit committee meeting simulation, for hands-on integration of program learning
To obtain the A.C.C. designation, you must:
- Complete the A.C.C. e-learning curriculum
- Participate in the Principle-Based Governance Webinar
- Attend the two-day residential A.C.C. sessions
- Successfully complete The Directors College Audit Committee exam
Candidates for the A.C.C. Program would have
- A Financial designation (ie; CMA/CFA/CA/FCA/CPA)
- If no designation must take a financial literacy quiz with a 75% passing grade or higher
- Note candidates who have taken Module 1 of the C.Dir. Program are exempt from the principal based webinar.
Now Taking Registrations
- Module 5: The Board Simulation in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (May 2-4, 2019)
- Module 2: Leadership and Strategy in Vancouver, BC (May 30-1, 2019)
- Module 3: Oversight and Finance in Vancouver, BC (September 12-14, 2019)
- Module 1: Accountability and Change in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (September 19-21, 2019)
- Module 2: Leadership and Strategy in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (October 3-5, 2019)