Events and Webinars
Participation in the below events and webinars are eligible to be used towards the Chartered Director’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Directors College Events
- Exclusive Faculty & Alumni Networking Event
- Date: Tuesday September 01st, 2015
- Time: 5-7PM
- Location: Toronto, ON
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big news announcements and Directors College updates to come exclusively to our Alumni and Faculty first at our Fall networking reception hosted at the brand new NATIONAL PR offices in Downtown Toronto.
Risk Governance Workshop – Corporate Governance Trends, Pressures and Responses
- Date: October 07, 2015
- Speaker: Prof. Richard Leblanc (speaker bio)
- Location: Toronto, ON
In this session our faculty member, Prof. Richard Leblanc, will present some key trends and issues in corporate governance based on his research and work with award winning boards, including: board composition and skill set; the strategic role of the board; developments in risk governance; internal controls and assurance; executive compensation; the changing role of governance gatekeepers and assurance providers; shareholder accountability, activism and value creation; reputation risk and social media; IT governance and cybercrime; and tone at the cop, culture and whistle-blowing.
The program will be highly dynamic, inclusive, practical and useful – with examples drawn from advice to award-winning boards, serving as an expert in governance failure, the academic and practitioner literature, and practical cases.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Anyone who sits on, advises, or reports to any type of board (public, private, Crown, NFP) will benefit enormously from this condensed and effective course. Your instructor has been past adjudicated as one of the top university teachers in Ontario.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues;
- Immediate application and takeaways;
- Skills of synthesis, analysis and constructive challenge in boardroom situations.
Registration details to follow soon!
- Canadian HR Awards September 17, 2015 (Toronto, ON)
- Knowledge @ DeGroote – Innovation Governance: The Role of the Board in Value Creation October 06, 2015, 5–7PM (Toronto, ON)
- In this Joint Event with the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University a panel of Thought Leaders from The Directors College Alumni, Faculty and Partners will present on Innovation Governance and the Role of the Board in Value Creation.
- About the Event: How should a board support an innovation agenda in today’s fast moving, digitally-driven business environment? How should a board look at innovation and data analytics as both an opportunity and a risk?
- Event & Registration Information now available here.
- Special Directors College Alumni Promo Code: TDCALUMNI
- CSAE National Conference October 28–30, 2015 (Calgary, AB)
- CSCS Governance Essentials for the Corporate Secretary November 3–4, 2015 (Toronto, ON)
- August 16–19, 2015 – CSCS 17th Annual Corporate Governance Conference & Awards (Montreal, QC)
- June 10–12 – FEI Canada Annual Conference (Winnipeg , MB)
- June 16, 2015 – DeGroote School of Business Digital Leadership Summit (Toronto, ON)
- April 09, 2015 – An Exclusive Dinner with The Honourable John Manley (Ottawa, ON)
In Partnership with FEI Canada, National Capital Chapter
Read Lessons Learned from The Honourable John Manley here
- March 26, 2015 – Annual Graduation and Alumni Event (Toronto, ON)
Keynote Speaker: Jean-René Halde President and Chief Executive Officer Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
See the full album of graduation photos
- September 16, 2015, 2 p.m. EDT – Marvin Ryder & Sari Diamond: How to Make Board Reports Better not Bigger
- June 15, 2015 – Creating Value with Executive Compensation: It’s not all about Total Shareholder Return
- June 16, 2015 – Top Ten List: Ways We Let Our Directors Down (and How we can do Better)
- July 14, 2015–Boardroom Black Holes and Taboos: Dealing with Difficult and Delicate Issues
- July 16, 2015–Raising the Bar in the Not-For-Profit Boardroom: Turning Good Governance into Great Governance
- August 25, 2015 – Cyber Security in the Boardroom: Increasing your Board’s Cyber Literacy
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours can also be completed with industry readings, events and webinars. See suggestions here including a list of readings and recent governance webinars here.
- Module 2: Leadership and Strategy in Vancouver, BC (May 30-1, 2019)
- Module 3: Oversight and Finance in Vancouver, BC (September 12-14, 2019)
- Module 1: Accountability and Change in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (September 19-21, 2019)
- Module 2: Leadership and Strategy in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (October 3-5, 2019)
- Module 4: Effective Governance Under Complex Circumstances in Vancouver, BC (October 24-26, 2019)